There was a lot of hype earlier this year over Benefits new mascara – Roller Lash. I am a huge fan of Benefit mascaras one of my favourites is their They’re Real, I love the formula and brush and how it looks on my lashes.
The mascara was not out until March but was a gift with ELLE magazine. I normally purchase my magazines on line but this time I went out to buy the hard copy just for the gift.
I didn’t want to believe the hype, I have been caught out before buying a mascara because of the PR hype only to be left with something that does not suit me, or rubbish in formula/brush/coverage/colour/finish.
What I like about it:
- The brush is curved, making it really easy to capture all the lashes, even the tiny ones.
- The brush is plastic, with decent sized bristles, not too long so you poke your eye out as you apply and not too short that you have to go over and over your lashes.
- Doesn’t clump.
- Easy to remove without scrubbing away at your eyes.
What I didn’t like about it:
- The formula isn’t as glossy and black as I would like.
- It can creep and smudge when in hot situations.
- Not long lasting, the curl dropped after a few hours.
After using the sample for a good 6 weeks I was fairly impressed, I went out and got the full size. I use this for work and times when I don’t want full on lashes and I revert to They’re Real or my MAC mascara for going out.
I guess the quest for the perfect mascara continues.