I thought the blog needed a change of design, I was getting bored of the pink and felt it was time to change it up a bit.
So the summer has finally bid a farewell and we an on the way to Christmas. I dare not think about where the time is going but this year is passing in a flash.
I have not given an update on what I have enjoyed in while so I thought I would add 2 months in one.
- I love my new Kindle Voyage, it has changed how I read yet again, so easy to set up and use and I have found a new love of reading (as confirmed by my Goodreads.com reading progress).
- I have enjoyed using my iPhone 6 and the recent updates have meant that my phone links in a seamless way to the iMac and iPads which has changed how I work and play. Set up has been easy and all apple gadgets are just so easy to use.
- Hue lightbulbs have changed how we light our home. We have different sets dotted about the home and light up depending on how we have them set up. Write now I am working in the study with soft orange lighting to cast a cosy warm glow above me.
- I have enjoyed hourglass blushers and finishing powders. Fine and light powders that do not clog pores and look natural in any light.
- MAC mascara’s studio sculpt lash to be exact, I like the comb.
- Bare Minerals liquid foundation, light coverage easy to blend and their brush is fantastic too.
- MAC paint pots have been a regular feature in my make up routine, they are long lasting don’t need primer and can’t be blended out (if you are quick) for a like coverage or layered for a deeper dramatic look.
- I have joined in with the rest of the world, I now listen to music on spotify. I am late to the party on this but I absolutely love the fact I can listen to any songs I chose (as long as they are on there). You can make up your own playlists and I love the fact I am discovering new music every week.
- Audio books, these have enhanced my reading. I listen to a book as I drive into work and really enjoy some of the new genres I have discovered as a result.
- This time of year always have great TV, is lovely to snuggle up and watch a good series. I am enjoying Arrow, The Knick, Modern Family, Stalker, The Flash, Elementary and Forever on Sky. Strictly Come Dancing, Doctor Who and The Apprentice on BBC. I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here and Grantchester have been brilliant on ITV. American Horror Show on Fox is good but I cannot watch it of a night.
- There have been a good few films I have enjoyed, Gone Girl was brilliant and I think actually better than the book. I have watched a few good films on Sky, Netflix and Amazon Prime recently but I wanted to mention Silver Lining Playbook in particular as I put it off for so long worried about how it would affect me and I finally watched it recently. It was a great film and I have a soft spot for Bradley Cooper now more so than when I watched American Hustle. Hunger Games has been the big blockbuster for November and didn’t fail to keep me occupied.
Food & Drink
- I have enjoyed drinking Baileys recently, I like the orange truffle flavour. I don’t have a lot as it is heavy but it is a nice sweet drink when I want to feel cosy.
- Roast dinners, what can I say when they are cooked for me on a Sunday by Mr JAEG there is nothing better.
Finally I wanted to share a beautiful burning red sky, this time of year produces such amazing colours with the leaves changing and dropping but I also like looking skywards as the colours often are amazing as the sun rises.